the death of Envestnet founder, CEOand Chairman Jud Bergman last fall.Envestnet co-founder and now CEO BillCrager has helped “the company healfrom that loss,” Clift said, and has alsopushed the company to move forward.
Then there is the pandemic. Typically
HOW WE CHOOSE THE FINALISTS
the awards would be presented at the
Envestnet Advisor Summit in May,
There are seven categories: Large Cap,
Mid Cap/Small Cap and SMID, Fixed
Income, Global, Liquid Alternatives,
Impact and Strategist. Clift noted that
one change they saw this year was a
“pickup of interest” and greater flows
into impact investing managers.
AND THE WINNERS
For 16 years, IA and Envestnet|PMChave partnered to find, select and honorthe Asset Manager Award Managers ofthe Year in multiple categories.
The selection process begins withthe Envestnet team of analysts whoresearch each category for best-in-classmanagers by using several metrics aswell as meeting with most managementteams, to narrow the fields that can have20 to 100 managers each.
The analysts make their detailedpresentations of top choices to theselection committee, comprised ofAfter Envestnet|PMC’s analysts present their recommendations, providingperformance data, governance structure, and several other underlying data,the selection committee deliberates.
Ginger Szala is executive managing editor ofInvestment Advisor. She can be reached firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finalists of the 2020 Envestnet & Investment AdvisorAnnual Asset Manager & Strategist Awards
Large Cap Equity (two awards)
• The Alley Co. — Alley Dividend Portfolio• Brown Advisory — Large Cap Growth• Dana Investment Advisors — Large Cap Equity• Parnassus Investments — Core Equity Fund
Mid Cap, Small Cap and SMID (two awards)
• EARNEST Partners — Mid Cap Core• Fuller & Thaler Asset Management — Behavioral Small-Cap Equity• The London Co. — SMID Managed Account Strategy• Wells Fargo Asset Management — Special Mid Cap Value
Global, International and Emerging Market
• ClearBridge Investments — International Growth ADR SMA• Columbia Threadneedle Investments — Columbia Emerging Markets Fund• Epoch Investment Partners — Epoch Non-US ADR Strategy
• GW&K Investment Management — Enhanced Core Bond Strategy• T. Rowe Price — Bank Loan
• Boston Common Asset Management — Boston Common International Equity• Breckinridge Capital Advisors — Intermediate Sustainable Tax Efficient SMA
• BlackRock — BlackRock Strategic Income Opportunities Fund• Eaton Vance — Global Macro Absolute Return Strategy
• Capital Group — American Funds Core Models• New Frontier Advisors — New Frontier Global Strategic ETF Portfolios